[TowerTalk] Wide spaced Yagis

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Wide spaced Yagis
From: w5rg@swbell.net (w5rg@swbell.net)
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 00:44:36 -0500
Hi all...For the last 10 years  all I have built has been 4 elements
yagi...more bang for boom foot...up to a point..adding more elements
will give you more bandwidth without a lot more
gain..20..15..10..meters..good place for 5 elements..but 17 and 12
meters..30-40 ft booms play great..I have put a 4 ele on a 40 ft boom on
20 but a little high swr on the band ends...But I'll say also I only
build a yagi for maxi gain..if I'm spending 10k for a tower I want all
my power headed in one direction....we have a few 300 mph winds down in
Sooner country plus ice..but we should be happy..never happens at the
same time..73s  Bob

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----