[TowerTalk] TELREX BALUN

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TELREX BALUN
From: k9zm@frontiernet.net (Greg Gobleman)
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 20:21:34 -0500
I kind of wondered if it didn't have something to do with moving
the resonant frequency on 10m up about 1 mHz.  My Telrex Balun
was junk and I didn't reconstruct an exact replacement, so it's
great for Dxing on channel 19 but not at 28.5mHz where I need it.
15 and 20m are just fine with 8 turns of RG-213, but no amount of
fine tuning element lengths has ever helped 10m.  I don't believe
that it was sold with the resonant frequency screwed up, and that
is the only thing not factory on my antenna.  (Except for some
new galvanized hardware)  Seems a lot of folks have that same
trouble with 10m on this antenna.  I think it's happened after
replacing that Telrex Balun.

I had intended to simply replace it with a new Force 12, but work
has really been stressful and it's not gotten done.  I like how
the antenna works on 15 and 20m, but it sure is heavy.

Good Luck
Greg K9ZM

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----