[TowerTalk] 40 -2cd

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40 -2cd
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 10:16:26 EDT
In a message dated 8/14/01 6:25:18 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
marc.wullaert3@pandora.be writes:

> It's up again on the tower my 40-2cd.But i don't see any dip anymore.
>  At 24m high it wass all ok.Just a dip on 7050.0 (swr 1.1)so very good.
>  a moved it to the top at 28m.Now there is no dip anymore .at 7050 the
lowest
>  is 1.5 and going to 1.8- 2.0 at the lower or higher end.There are no other
>  antennes
>  on the tower just a vhf vertical 2m higher.
>  I use the tower also for shuntfeed at 160m.

    Same coax or additional jumper for the new height?

>  Shoud a take it down and tweeking the elements ?

    Elements shouldn't have anything to do with it. If it was fine at 24m, it
should be the same at 28m.

    I don't understand your comment because you said you have no dip but the
swr is 1.5 @ 7050 and 1.8-2.0 at the edges. Isn't that a dip? How is that
different than the way it was before?

>  or is it just normal with this one ?

    The 402CD is very predictable and very reliable. I suspect it's fine.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----