[TowerTalk] 40/80 dipole

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40/80 dipole
From: W2RW@frontiernet.net (Rick Wells (W2RW))
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 20:50:18 -0400
I've had good luck over the years with 80/40m trap dipoles made from 40m
W2AU traps and W2AU 1:1 center balun.  Used them 15' to 65' off the ground
with reasonable results.  Additionally, can generally load them 20-10m
(excluding WARC bands) with built-in tuners in TS-850/450.  Yes, the traps
don't weather well and get cracked but they still work OK.  Nothing like the
old originals from, what, the 60s.  Still have 2 pair of them in service.
Oh, I think if it's cut for SSB on 75m it'll turn out to be around 110'.
Just let the ends droop if that's too long.

73,
W2RW