[TowerTalk] Bending Rebar

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Bending Rebar
From: SPELUNK.SUENO@prodigy.net (EUGENE SMAR)
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 21:53:43 -0400
Dan:

     I bent 24 pieces of 3/4 inch rebar for my Trylon's rebar cage.   It
bent fairly easily with only moderate effort by me pushing on a long piece
of galvanized water pipe slipped over the piece to be bent.  I used another
shorter piece of pipe to hold the opposite end of the rebar in place.  I
kept about an inch or so of space between the pipes at the bend and it
worked out pretty well.  That answers the question: "MUST rebar be heated to
bend it?"  No.

     The other question is, "SHOULD rebar be heated before being bent?"  I
never thought about that, and never read of anyone on TT using that method.

     BTW:  I have to give credit to N8WRL for the bending method I used.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F