[TowerTalk] Improving connectors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Improving connectors
From: Ron KA4INM Youvan" <ka4inm@qsl.net (Ron KA4INM Youvan)
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 09:14:21 -0400
Hi all:

> >Conductive Grease.  Radioware has it.  Try:
> >http://www.radio-ware.com/products/i601.htm

> Thanks, Jim, but that's not the stuff.  Might have a similar effect, though.

  Inside of RF connectors we must use non-conductive grease that
prevents the ingress of moisture by `flooding', used in
connectors and between the jacket and the shielding in `direct
burial grade' cables, this grease must have no bearing
strength to be safely used in connectors. (silicones)
(unable to prevent contact from weak pressure, a bigger
problem in BNC & "N" connectors)

         73 (= Best Regards) de: (= this is) Ron ka4inm@qsl.net
       Please visit my HAM web site at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,