[TowerTalk] Rohn Tilt-over Questions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn Tilt-over Questions
From: k6ll@juno.com (David O Hachadorian)
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 09:34:31 +0000
My 1996 catalog says:

"Antenna with large booms or elements used on Rohn 'fold-over'
towers should always have additional guy at tower apex."

So, with two sets of guys:

130 pounds dead weight at apex
13.3 sq ft windload at 70 mph
7.7 sq ft windload at 86 mph

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Big Bear Lake, CA
K6LL@juno.com

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001 12:01:02 -0400 "Richard M. Cash" <rmcash@home.com>
writes:

> Does anyone have any info about the Rohn tilt-over towers? I have a
> chance
> to buy a 50-foot tiltover and was curious if it would handle a 75lb,
> 15'
> boom beam? I have a Rohn catalog, but it doesn't have any info about
> the
> tilt-overs. I am aware that they are discontinued.
> Richard
> W4UGM

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----