[TowerTalk] Weatherproofing for copper coils?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Weatherproofing for copper coils?
From: coneal@ma.ultranet.com (Chuck O'Neal)
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 17:08:03 -0400
I can't answer this question, but it brings up a question I had about
upgrading two of these antennas myself.  I am contemplating doing the
same since they have become intermittent.  My question is will the
tuning change if I replace the loading coils with better inductors having
lower loss even if the inductance remains the same.  I intend to measure
the inductance and do something similar as Steve has asked.  Either that,
or just beef up the connections and leave the loading coils alone.  I wonder
what the real gain would be with better inductors.  Perhaps there is a trade off
between bandwidth and gain here?
Thanks!
Chuck...K1KW