[TowerTalk] MFJ 1792 correction vs HF2V

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] MFJ 1792 correction vs HF2V
From: ValErwin@aol.com (ValErwin@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 10:37:32 EDT
Tower Dudes and Dudettes:

Don't have any experience with the MFJ antenna but did just take down an HF2V.

I found my modified  HF2V antenna to be an excellent performer on 80 and
160M. I defeated the 40M operation by removing the L/C circuit and adding a
70 ft. diameter capacity hat!  As I had this antenna configured,  with remote
base tuning, it was great for working DX. But, I have the real estate and a
70 ft. capacity hat will hardly fit in the typical back yard!

Now, I have up a HyGain HyTower --

Val
W5PUT

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,