[TowerTalk] How accurate is EZNEC?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] How accurate is EZNEC?
From: RLVZ@aol.com (RLVZ@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 12:37:12 EDT
Towertalkians,
I believe in using EZNEC (and similar programs) to model antennas in order to
get a guestimate as to how the antenna will work.  But I question the
accuracy of such programs.  Such as: can EZNEC or similar modeling programs
accurately determine which quad array: 1/4 waves, 1/2 waves, or 5/8 waves...
will outperform the other in real life?  Again, I am not against using EZNEC
for a general idea of how an antenna array might work.  But I have a serious
problem believing EZNEC has all the answers and much prefer to hear or read
about actual side-by-side antenna comparisons.  I believe it's the difference
between "projected performance" and "actual real life performance".  Thanks
Steve for 3 great "Antenna Comparison Reports".
Best regards and great DX'ing/Contesting.  Richard- K9OM

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----