[TowerTalk] PE drawings

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] PE drawings
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 09:27:11 EDT
Greetings, TowerTalkians --

    These days many tower projects entail getting a building permit (not like
the old days, eh?). And getting a permit involves submission of a drawing
package that typcially needs a PE stamp and calculations. The ARRL has a
Volunteer Consulting Engineer (VCE) program that covers many states with
engineers who can help you with this including help with base and anchor
designs as well as technical questions you might have. The web address is <A
HREF="http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/local/vcei.html";>
http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/local/vcei.html</A>

    Take a look - it's a great service. Also, if you're a PE and haven't
registered with the program, I'll encourage you to do so.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----