[TowerTalk] Re: Magnetic Declination

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Magnetic Declination
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 10:58:49 -1000

> Actually, the - 3dB beamwidth of a 5L Yagi on a .75WL
> boom is closer to 50+ degrees.  The beamwidth of a
> 3L Yagi is closer to 60 degrees.

Yes,  my F12 C4, 2 el/band beam (C3 plus 40 meter dipole) has
a 3 dB beam about 90 degrees wide;  this per the test
data by K7LXC and N0AX,  "HF Tribander Performance..",
1998.  And I have found it to be so.  Only need to set my
rotor to within about 60 degrees,  or just off toward
some continent,  and the receiving station can note
no difference in my signal as the beam is rocked quite
a ways.  More QSB delta than beam direction.  Of course
the antenna only has about 4dBd gain on 20 meters,
anyway;  5.5 on 15;  and about 3 over a dipole on 10 meters.
Data per the reference test report and talk at Dayton a few
years ago.

Pleased with the performance for what I can put up in this
neighborhood,  on this island ---and that took quite a battle
with the neighbors and county again it!  But that was over
years ago,  hi.  It is up about 65 feet or so.

73,  Jim  KH7M

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----