[TowerTalk] homebrewing short yagis

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] homebrewing short yagis
From: jreisert@jlc.net (Joe Reisert)
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 10:19:36 -0400
Dan,

I published just such a design with 3 elements on a 6 foot boom (gain 5
dBd) and 4 elements on the same 6 foot boom (6 dBd). See Communications
Quarterly, Winter 1998, "Yagi/Uda Antenna Design, Part 1: A different
approach", pp. 49-59. It is fed directly with 50 Ohm line with a few
ferrite beads on the jacket. The 4-element job is extremely wide band and
has 25-30 dB F/B. I used it for over a year to work numerous Europeans and
Africans on 6-meters with my modest 100 Watts. I now have upgraded to a
similar type using 5 elements on a 12 foot boom with 8 dBd.

73,

Joe, W1JR