[TowerTalk] 160m shunt feed followup

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 160m shunt feed followup
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 21:32:49 -0400
At 08:26 PM 10/1/01 -0400, Tom Rauch wrote:
>...The only reliable way is to measure phase angle, or add a
>reactance of a known sign and see how impedance changes.

I *think* this is what I was asking originally.  If I add capacitance and Z
decreases, doesn't that mean that the initial X was inductive, and the
capacitance has cancelled some of it out?  Does it not then follow that if
I continue to add C at a given frequency until Z stops decreasing and
begins to increase again, I've probably located X=0 and therefore Z=R?
Under what circumstances does X change sign without passing through 0?

73, Pete N4ZR

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----