[TowerTalk] How to books

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] How to books
From: KI7WX@aol.com (KI7WX@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 12:15:24 EDT

1) N6BV does a nice job with the ARRL anntenna book.

2) The ARRL Antenna Compendium series is full of neat stuff and I understand a
new one is in the works.

3) Low Band DXing by ON4UN is a must have for folks interested in 80 and 160M.

4) When I was building my NC station I found the older issues of the NCJ to be
very, very helpful. I particularly enjoyed the many early articles by K8CC and
K5RC. A CD-ROM is available from the ARRL and is a good value. A personal
thanks to K8CC who answered many questions for me via email. Brag photos at:
http://www.pvrcnc.org/station/ki7wx/

5) Yagi fans ought to have copies of W2PV and W6QHS's books on hand simply
because it's the right thing to do.

6) A myriad of websites out there are full of info. A rainy weekend, Google, a
T1 line and a large harddrive is all it takes.

I have a number of other books in my antenna library, but the ones above are
the ones I pick up most often. I've also learned a lot by simple computer
modeling with programs like YO (yagis) and Yagimax(stacks). Contest and DX club
meetings are a great place for antenna discussions. Most areas have a couple
big stations that are always being repaired and enhanced. Go hold a rope and
watch what's going on to start. Become a tower monkey and you'll never have a
free weekend :)

Mark
KI7WX

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,