[TowerTalk] RE: Yellow Jackets on Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: Yellow Jackets on Tower
From: mcgirr@interaccess.com (K9AJ)
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 00:26:04 -0500
Hello All,

This past week I attended the annual convention of the American College of
Emergency Physicians in Chicago.

Aside from learning more than I needed to know about Anthrax, I attended
several seminars on Expedition medicine.  There was a very knowledgeable
speaker from Stanford Univ who has been the Expedition doc on numerous
hikes, treks, mountaineering, up/down river etc trips.  His first kernel of
info to the attendees was to ask if we knew what was the most common cause
of death on all these exotic trips?  The answer was allergic reactions from
insect stings!

I've been reading all the postings on this topic and while most have some
valuable information, please be aware that taking out a yellow jacket nest
can be lethal, and you can have had no major reaction the last time you
were stung and have a bad reaction the next time.

73's....Mike/K9AJ (MD)

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----