[TowerTalk] Identifying Traps (possibly antenna)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Identifying Traps (possibly antenna)
From: aa4lr@arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 14:39:50 -0500

I have a set of traps that probably went to a 4-band vertical antenna
sold by Hy-Gain.

Each Trap is clearly labelled as an "INSU-TRAP" by Hy-Gain in Lincoln,
NE. The traps have black plastic covers, and have about 7" of 7/8
aluminum tube one each end of the trap. Overall, the traps are about 18"
long, with the trap portion only about 3" of that.

I have traps that resonate on 10m, 15, and 20m. I suspect these traps are
part of a 40m/20m/15m/10m trap vertical.

Can anyone identify these? Can anyone give me the dimensions and tubing
sizes required to complete the entire antenna.

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----