[TowerTalk] Homebrew Rotators

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Homebrew Rotators
From: ve7hcb@rac.ca (Chris BONDE)
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 17:51:45 -0800
I donot know how things would perform in the outsied environment, but.  I
understand some of the video comeras for computers are very inexpensive,
say about US$25 or so?  I like the suggestion to put the camera along the
boom, that way you will"see" what way the boom is pointing rather than at
eh base looking at the boom.

Just a comment, Chris opr VE7HCB

At 09:34 AM 2001-11-02 -0500, Bill Coleman wrote:

>On 11/2/01 3:51 AM, Zoltan.Pitman@libertel.nl at
>Zoltan.Pitman@libertel.nl wrote:
>
> >Closed circuit TV camera for heading indication ?!?
>
>Yes, why not? Such a system isn't incredibly expensive. Black and White
>cameras are available for less than $100 US dollars.
>
>It has the advantage that you always know which direction your beam is
>pointed -- even if the mast slips in the rotator.
>

>Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr@arrl.net
>Quote: "Not within a thousand years will man ever fly!"
>             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901
>

>List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,
>Trylon Titan towers, coax, hardline and more. Also check out our self
>supporting towers up to 100 feet for under $1500!!  http://www.anwireless.com
>
>-----

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----