[TowerTalk] Protecting RX in SO2R

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Protecting RX in SO2R
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 15:40:26 -0500
I don't know if this fits in Towertalk, but don't see any other likely forum.

I'm contemplating a fairly minimal SO2R arrangement, relying on antenna
separation rather than stubs or bandpass filters.  To avoid an expensive
mistake through putting too much RF into one or the other receiver, I'm
thinking about building up some little RX protector boxes that would put a
small incandescent bulb in series with each transceiver's antenna on RX,
and bypass it on transmit.  It's easy to control such a device from my SO2R
box, but I'm whether this would be adequate protection, and if so,
wondering what size bulb would be appropriate.  Any guidance?

73, Pete N4ZR

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----