[TowerTalk] fiberglass mast

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] fiberglass mast
From: jrp@dimensional.com (Jeff)
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 20:07:47 -0700
Hello,

I am looking to purchase a fiberglass mast approximately 35' in height.  I
plan on using it to support a Butternut HF9V with tuned radials.

I'm want a fiberglass mast because it will be mounted fairly close to
a ground mounted vertical 32' in length.  My assumption is that going
with a nonconductive mast will help minimize interaction with the
ground mounted vertical.

Giovannini Antenna Systems (http://www.qth.com/giovannini) sells some
rugged looking fiberglass masts, but they are an Italian-based company.
I assume the shipping costs would be almost as much as the cost of
the mast, if not more.

Does anyone know of an American-based outfit that sells similar
fiberglass masts?

Thanks,
Jeff, KI0RO

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,