[TowerTalk] New stuff from MFJ

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] New stuff from MFJ
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 15:39:57 EST
Howdy, TowerTalkians --

    I just got a new issue of Amateur Radio Trader and the back half of it is
the latest MFJ catalog. I haven't been paying too much attention to their
products for awhile so was surprised by the depth of their accessories that
would be of particular interest to TowerTalkians. Here are some of the
highlights:

*   MFJ-269 Our favorite antenna analyzer is available with the added 415-470
                mHz range.

*   There are also some new analyzer accessories - power pack with Ni-MH
        batteries, carrying pouch with power pack.

                If you don't have a carrying pouch for your MFJ analyzer,
you're              missing ONE HANDY ITEM. With the strap, you can hang it
from a              boom for hands-free readings.

*   MFJ-852 Power line noise meter

*   MFJ-805 RFI Detector for wires and cables

*               Also RF current meter; grid dip meter, antenna bridge, noise
bridge,

*               LOTS of antenna tuners, antenna switches and dummy loads

*   MFJ-1910    A 33-foot telescoping fiberglass mast that collapses to
3.8-feet.

*   MFJ-1904    Portable/permanent ground-mounted vertical antenna base. Has
            spikes that go into the ground to help coupling.

    I was pretty impressed. I *think* that current products are more reliable
than in the past and they promote their customer service. I haven't had any
contact with the customer service aspect so other TowerTalkians might want to
share their experiences with the company and their products.

    I've got two analyzers and use them constantly so am very happy with that
product. BTW if you've got one and the battery holders have broken (a common
problem), they'll send you free replacements.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
Tower Tech

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,