[TowerTalk] Electric Fence Wire For Radials !!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Electric Fence Wire For Radials !!
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 10:53:36 -0600
Aluminum Electric Fence wire can be found at County Co-ops
as well as the typical home improvement centers.

I used aluminum welding wire radials for 4 years at a previous
location with good results.  I simply shoved the ends on the wires
into a 'ground block' along with a short piece of tinned braid to the
coax.  A tinned copper wire and plently of Penetrox or AL-NO-OX
is another (better) solution.

I expect that aluminum electric fence wire is less brittle than
the welding wire I used and is therefore a better choice.

Tom  N4KG