[TowerTalk] 80m Vertical ssb/cw switching

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 80m Vertical ssb/cw switching
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 18:29:34 -0600
On Wed, 14 Nov 2001  "N2TK" <n2tk@earthlink.net> writes:

> Do you see a double dip because the two vertical wires
> are different lengths?

NO.  The vertical is one continuous loop, one half of a bow tie,
with the wire going up 62 ft, over 2 ft, and back down 62 ft.
with the ends tied together at the feedpoint.

If they are the same length, why are you seeing a double  dip?

I suspect it is a function of the coaxial transformation.
The vertical should look like 35 ohms on CW, and the
1/4 WL 50 ohm coaxial transformer transforms that up
to 72 ohms.  I have not looked at it on a Smith Chart.

Tom  N4KG