[TowerTalk] K8UR Array

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] K8UR Array
From: dhearn@ix.netcom.com (dan hearn)
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 12:23:45 -0800
I am interested in the K8UR type array. The gain looks interesting but
the f/b is poor. The ON4UN HB shows the upper and lower ends of the
dipoles near the tower and at a 30 degree angle to the tower. The
comment is made that there is strong coupling to the tower. Has anyone
modeled or built an array of this type with the vertical dipoles further
from the tower? If one has a tower taller than 118 ft, it appears that
better directivity might result. Any ideas?
73, Dan, N5AR

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----