[TowerTalk] Mosley Classic - 33

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mosley Classic - 33
From: n7au@televar.com (N7AU)
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 20:50:40 -0600
  The assembly instructions for the CL-33 says the antenna is matched
with 52 ohm coax line. RG8/u is recommended and to make a coil of 4
turns of transmission line in a diameter of about 4 inches and tape in
place on the boom near the mast. The measurements ( coil to tip) are REF
= 33 ,RAD = 36-1/4 phone and 37-1/4 CW , DIR = 33-1/2 inches the
measurements on the inside of the coils (coil to coil) are 210 , 203 ,
193 and to add 10 inches to these for CW.   I don't understand the coil
turns comments . It has 15 on the boom side and 25 on the tip side of
the reflector, 14 and 26 radiator and 14 and 23 on the director. Mine
had screw holes pre drilled for CW or Phone. This was a 1976 antenna and
was setup for phone and worked great up to about 1985 and has been
stored inside ever since so I hope I don't have trouble with it when it
goes back up. I hope this info helps.

    73  Bob     N7AU

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----