[TowerTalk] 80m dipole on a small lot

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 80m dipole on a small lot
From: kkanakas@cisco.com (krishna)
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 10:26:04 -0500
Well,
 Speaking of the safety aspect, i used a 1.5" PVC pipe. I put a coupler at the
top, so that
 it is narrow. I run the end thru it. At the bottom of the PVC, i drill a hole
sideways and
 run a rope or steel wire and tie the ends of the dipole( via an egg insulator)
to it.
 I then pull the wire or rope out , straightening the dipole leg.
 Later i tie the wire or rope on the outside to a strong support.
 That way, the dipole does not touch the inside walls of the PVC, lest
 it has water. Also its insulated and will be safe. I use it barefoot. No amps.

good luck
krish
w4/vu2vku

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,