[TowerTalk] A Rather Late Email

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] A Rather Late Email
From: nielsen@oz.net (Bob Nielsen)
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 07:05:55 -0800
With a little help from some internet tools and a callsign server, it
looks like N7HQ is the intended recipient; presumably he is subscribed
to this list.

However, his system does not appear to be accepting mail:

$ telnet mail.quigleys.com 25
Trying 4.33.160.57...
Connected to 4.33.160.57.
Escape character is '^]'.
421 SMTP service not available, closing transmission channel
Connection closed by foreign host.

I'm surprised it took so long; most mail systems will bounce in less
than a week.

Bob, N7XY

On Sun, Dec 09, 2001 at 12:09:08PM -0000, Tim Makins,  EI8IC wrote:

> I have JUST received this - an email that took 2 months 7 days to fail !!!
> This is amazing !! There must be millions of emails floating around in
> Cyberspace. Where do they wait ? How do they survive ? Does anyone feed them
> ? {;o)
>
> Who is danq@quigleys.com anyway ? Sorry you didn't get my message. Although
> it wasn't really meant for you anyway, so don't bother reading it !
>
> Please excuse the bandwidth, guys - I just thought you might be interested..
>
> Tim EI8IC.

<rest of message snipped>

--
Bob Nielsen, N7XY                          nielsen@oz.net