[TowerTalk] Re: Trees

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Trees
From: n8de@thepoint.net (Don Havlicek)
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 21:11:33 -0500
1. Put a continuous loop of rope, with a marine pulley attached to it,
over a high branch.
2. Run a lanyard, attached to the end of your antenna, through the
pulley.
3. Pull the rope with the pulley up to the tree branch, tying it off
securely.  [Note:  you can lower the antenna by lowering this rope!]
4. Pull the lanyard to elevate the antenna to the height desired.
5. Tie off the lanyard on an anchor at the base of the tree.
Viola!
Don
N8DE

Pat Joseph wrote:

> Speaking of trees and rope, I plan to suspend a dipole between my tower and
> a tree. Any of you know the best way to tie the cable for the dipole to the
> tree without harming the tree?
> Pat Joseph N0HPP pjoseph@email.com
>
> List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,
> supporting towers up to 100 feet for under $1500!!  http://www.anwireless.com