[TowerTalk] Hink and Kinks

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hink and Kinks
From: W4EF@dellroy.com (Mike)
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 06:51:32 -0800
That was our thinking here, Pete. Big rotator, big antenna,
HD mast. The rubber flex disc was just something that
my friend and I thought would be fun to try. We figured
that as long as that it didn't tend to enhance or sustain any
mechanical resonances in the system, then it could nothing
but improve reliability.

Of course experience may prove that we were wrong.
Currently the rotator is only turning about 200 degrees
out of 360. I am hoping that its just the a loose bolt keeps
the output spline shaft from dropping down into the gearbox,
but I won't know until I climb tower sometime in the next
few weeks.