Fw:[TowerTalk] Cable Loss Comparison (Was 9913 reliability)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Fw:[TowerTalk] Cable Loss Comparison (Was 9913 reliability)
From: paulc@mediaone.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 16:31:41 -0500
> I've also observed that the VSWR (and therefore the impedance) on a 100
> foot length of  9913 wasn't constant, and from my recollection, had bumps
> in the region of 135 MHZ. I have not seen this problem on the LMR400 (even
> up through 1 gHz!) so I immediately switched to the later and have never
> been sorry. From these data and the cost for semiflexible coax, I'd opt for
> the LMR400!

I believe the impedance inconsistency is attributed to the 9913's weak spiral
dielectric.  The center conductor has a tendency to
move from center, particularity when making bends.

-Paul, W9AC

AN Wireless Self Supporting Towers are now available!  Windloading tables,
foundation diagrams and charts, along with full details are now at the
AN Wireless Web site:  http://www.ANWireless.com

-----