[TowerTalk] ASSISTANCE & EXPERTISE NEEDED ON REPLACING CRANK UP TOWERCAB

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] ASSISTANCE & EXPERTISE NEEDED ON REPLACING CRANK UP TOWERCABLE REPLACEMENT
From: leewical@lava.net (LEE R. WICAL)
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 20:46:59 -1000

FOR ALL:
        BACKGROUND:
        I have a Tri-ex HD-354 w/G.A.Y.E. feature crank up tower.
        Luckly I had cranked down my tower prior to Thankgiving due
to a WX forecast of high winds.
        Today, after climbing down after some maintenance, I noticed
that one of the original Tri-Ex cable strands was cut and unwound approximate
8-inches either side of the cut.
        i was lucky as I was to crank up the tower today to meet several
schedules.

        QUESTIONS:
        I need to replace this aircraft type cable to the HD-354 Tri-Ex.
        I need to know if someone knows the sub contractor in California who
provided cableing to Tri-Ex. I'll need telephone, address, retc.
        This contractor may know the length and the type stainless steel
aircraft
cable
replacement NEEDED. However, attempts to locate this company (Paragon) have
been futile. Their FAX number is no more. And listings with 411 information
proved equally futile! Wil-Burt (I believe that is the company who took
over Tri-Ex assets, I've not found and address, nor telephone number, nor
USPS snail mail address.
        Can anyone provide this info?
        Or, I need to know who from someone with expertise as to who I can
contact
to replace this SS cable.
        I can measure the approximate length, but would like to hear from an
expert who has gone down this path of repair with FACTS and findings to
help me.
        This cable cut was NOT a Christmas present I was expecting!
        Any HELP out there from someone who can "cut to the chase" and waste as
little time as possible to get me BACK up and running those skeds ASAP?
        Hope to hear soonest...
Mele Kalikimaka,
Lee

AN Wireless Self Supporting Towers are now available!  Windloading tables,
foundation diagrams and charts, along with full details are now at the
AN Wireless Web site:  http://www.ANWireless.com

-----