[TowerTalk] Is the FCC sharp? Is ARRL counsel swift?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Is the FCC sharp? Is ARRL counsel swift?
From: rmoodyg@concentric.net (Richard M. Gillingham)
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 12:49:33 -0500
Getting a little far afield, but re the airplane thing, the crybabies
usually win, and the airports have to use noise abatement procedures
and/or 'quiet hours'.

73.
Gil
W4PJI

Rick Bullon wrote:

>> On Mon, 31 Dec 2001 21:53:52 -0700 Stu Greene wrote
>

>>  The right and in my opinion legally correct way to decide ARRL's
>> petition would have been to say this. " CC&Rs are contracts between
>> owners
>> of property in a subdivision, and as such have created  property rights
>> with which we cannot interfere."
>>
>> It has been suggested by others and I agree that if hams want to install
>> towers they need to check CC&Rs as well as zoning before they buy.  Then
>> it's decision time for the buyers.
>

> Bravo Stu this is what I have been trying to get across but everyone
> keeps lumping CC&R's and city anti-antenna ordinances in to the same
> group. They are not the same with CC&R's you agree to the restrictions
> and knew what you were getting into. With city anti-antenna ordinances
> you don't know about them till you try to put up an antenna then you
> use PB-1 to fight it
> It is like people who buy houses near a commercial airport knowing it
> is there then trying to get the airplanes to stop flying over their
> homes or complaining about the noise and trying to get the city to put
> a stop to it.
> 73
> HNY
> Rick
> KC5AJX

> AN Wireless Self Supporting Towers are now available!  Windloading
> tables,
> foundation diagrams and charts, along with full details are now at the
> AN Wireless Web site:  http://www.ANWireless.com
>
> -----

This list is sponsored by the new eHam.net Store.  When you buy products
price goes to support this list.  Check it out at http://www.eham.net.

-----