[TowerTalk] 1/4 wave sloper success story

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 1/4 wave sloper success story
From: Dinsterdog@aol.com (Dinsterdog@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 07:36:29 EST
2 years ago, I put up a 1/4 wave 30 meter sloper on my 75 foot rohn 25 tower
that has two log periodics on it, one at 75 feet, the other at 42 feet.  The
sloper is tied at about the 35 foot level, pulled out towards EU.  I'm
working everything I hear on 30M, and I think the 90 1/4 wave radials for the
160 meter INv L on the same tower help- I have found the 1/4 sloper to work
very well, tunes easily, and does not seem bugged by all the antennas on this
tower-  Amazing to think of  this puny piece of wire working so well- but it
has a lot of aluminum above it and a lot of radials below it- I sort of doubt
it would perform the same off a 10 foot mast pipe attached to the house-

73  Paul  N0AH
In DN71, The 6M Dead Zone- Never Bothered by EU or JA QRM, Where working XE
is an adventure-