[TowerTalk] High Hf antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] High Hf antennas
From: sm2ekm@telia.com (Jan Erik Holm)
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 07:47:37 +0100
I onece had a stack on 20m 5/5 at 100 over 47 feet., did switch
BIP higher and lower.
Now what I noticed was that the switching was pritty much
no idea since the stack in phase was the best deal 99% of the
time. Very rarely would the low antenna sometimes be better
on high angle EU and W1 New England area.
When I then moved stack to 130 over 65 feet guys with
tri banders started to beat me in to the USA, very very
depressing. In a previous posting I stated how I fixed it so
wount get in to that again.
There has been a lot of talk about antennas at 40 feet but at
least from my location they never play at all. Aparently much
higher angels are needed for W4 to DL/G/EA then W4 to SM2.
One reason could be that the D-layer in the polar reagion most
of the time is more absorbant then down south. Any ideás ?

73 Jim SM2EKM

Order online at http://store.eham.net.

-----