[TowerTalk] Are_higher_HF_antenna's_really_better?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Are_higher_HF_antenna's_really_better?
From: wy6k@yahoo.com (Michael Watts)
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 20:26:06 -0800 (PST)
Tom, you have not answered the question.  You changed the question.  The
question was NOT what a
one tower guy should do.  It was "what should a one antenna guy do".  I don't
know all the reasons
why a guy might be limited to one antenna.  Could be money, could be windage,
could be a crankup
tower (which is more difficult to mount a second lower antenna on).

So:  If you only have one ANTENNA and you can put it at 60' or 100', which
would you do and what
would the choice be based on?

I submit that the right choice is the one that yields the best results the
greatest percentage of
time for the operator's chosen mission.  I can't say whether any certain number
of hours to Europe
is enough. It depends on what he is trying to work.

Michael

PS. Your opinion is interesting anyway, even if it wasn't directly responsive
to the one antenna
question.