[TowerTalk] OIl for dummy loads

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] OIl for dummy loads
From: teamw@quixnet.net (John & Margaret Weatherley)
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 08:06:43 -0500
Poor George must be thoroughly confused with all of the good and bad (half
truth and erroneous) data we are feeding him.
Somebody suggested liquid paraffin - Be advised that in the UK Kerosene is
called Paraffin. Not the best stuff for dummy loads. Watch your semantics.

As an aside, and someone questioned whether dummy loads were appropriate for
this list, a couple of years ago I copied SSB from K1YZW up in Ipswich Mass.
when he was transmitting into his dummy load. I am in Central Florida. Of
course the knowledgable will guess that in fact I was receiving the bleed
through from his coax switch. About 50 dbs down on the direct path.
Thought I'd add a little levity to a subject that was getting out of hand?

By the way the B&W Rhombic termination offered the other day, has been sold.

AB4ET / G3KQL

Order online at http://store.eham.net.

-----