[TowerTalk] 3el electrically steerible yagi?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 3el electrically steerible yagi?
From: n8de@thepoint.net (Don Havlicek)
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 22:02:35 -0500
You don't need 5 elements to do this.
You can use three identical antennas .. switching the phasing so that
you are using two of them at a time.
My 40m array has a 'central element' [A] and two other elements [B & C].
They are arranged with one of the other elements to the NE [B] and the
other to the SE [C] of the 'central element'.
By using CORRECT phasing, elements A&B can give modest gain with
excellent F/R both NE and SW, and elements A&C can do the same SE/NW.
Contact me off the reflector for info on the phasing units that I
manufacture for other hams [and myself!].
Don
N8DE