[TowerTalk] believing antenna manufacturers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] believing antenna manufacturers
From: n2rd@arrl.net (Rajiv Dewan, N2RD)
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 16:37:02 -0500
There are two ways a structure can withstand wind forces:
1. Be very robust (most of the older antennas, if they could survive)
2. Be compliant (like F12 antennas)

At least for tall skyscrapers, 2 is a better strategy.
I think that it is the same for ham antennas too.  The latter strategy leads
to lower weight, turning moments, etc.  A winning combination and better
design in my opinion.

Regards,
Rajiv, N2RD