[TowerTalk] Leather Glooves

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Leather Glooves
From: w5kp@swbell.net (Jerry Kincade)
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 19:52:46 -0800
I work outside repair for a phone company.  After about giving up on finding
gloves that would protect my hands while not being too bulky to use, several
years ago I found the answer in goatskin roping gloves. About $18 a pop, and
worth every penny. They are very thin and fit skin tight like driving
gloves, but are tough as hell, and have extra leather across the palm where
you grip tower sections (or do your calf roping). I can easily work on small
gauge multiple pair phone cables with them due to their excellent
sensitivity and feel. I'm on my last pair (they last me about six months in
daily use), but my local source has changed glove vendors, and now I'm
hunting some more. They are great for working up on the tower - you can do
about anything with tools and small hardware, nuts, washers, etc., yet the
hands stay very well protected. I hope I'll be able to find some more! I
think these were made by Lamont, but my last pair is missing the tag, so not
sure.
73, Jerry W5KP