[Towertalk] Re: Concrete from on-site materials

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Re: Concrete from on-site materials
From: wilder@abs.net (Martha and Dick Wilder)
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 14:12:45 -0500 (EST)
The thread is drifting off the subject.  I will haul in portland cement
and an electrical mixer. Period.  Everything else will be scrap found on
site -- water, gravel, rock, iron, washed sand, and sweat.   I seek the
experience; not time or economic efficiency.  Neither a mixer truck nor
ready mix in a trailer are options -- I've done them.  The original post
asked for concrete design sources from the Web or library source that
I can reference.  I also find your do-it-yourself comments of interest.
Thanks for all the responses thus far....getting very interesting.
When done, I should be able to write an interesting report on the
various alternatives to getting concrete into a hole in your back yard.
73, Dick Wilder
       Dick's lifetime address is k3di@arrl.net