[Towertalk] Trylon on 160M - Redux

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Trylon on 160M - Redux
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 22:11:21 -0600
On Thu, 7 Mar 2002 23:07:06 -0500 "EUGENE  SMAR"

> This tells me that the TAP POINT determines the resonant freq of
> this type of shunt feed;  the cap value is determined by the length,
> and thus inductive reactance, of the shunt wires.

The RESONANT  FREQUENCY of the ANTENNA is determined
by the size and shape of the STRUCTURE.

The TAP POINT has some complex IMPEDANCE with a REAL
and REACTIVE component.  The shunt wire and capacitor
are tuned to reduce this reactance to ZERO.  Calling this
"RESONANCE" is a misnomer.  It is MATCHED, not resonant.

Tom  N4KG

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.