[Towertalk] AN Wireless

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] AN Wireless
From: dxmonger@yahoo.com (Pat Rundall)
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 11:36:31 -0800 (PST)
I didn't see any followup to Mike, K0MYW's
question regarding AN Wireless. I'd like
to compare ~80' self supporting towers...

Using the specs at
http://www.trylon.com/titansize.html the
T400 (80') could support 12 sq ft @ 85 mph
and 240 lbs of horizontal thrust. This model
for about $1900.

Using the specs at
http://www.towerdepot.com/tables.html#table2
the AN HD80 could support 27.8 sq ft at
80 mph. TowerDepot sells the HD80 for $3095.

AN Wireless uses a different base foundation
plan than other companies. See drawings at:
http://www.towerdepot.com/base_info.html

Of course, there are MANY other factors -
including:
- shipping (gee, it would sure be nice if
  someone distributed either of these towers
  in Iowa :)
- assembly
- ease of use (climb-ability, maintenence,
  rotor mounting, ...)
- support (could I actually call and get
  missing/spare parts? permits? ...)

and so on. This is why I'd like to hear from
first-hand users of the AN Wireless tower -
especially if they've had experience with
Trylon and/or other self supporting towers.

I have no affiliation with any of these
companies nor have I used their products.
However, I too am looking into this issue
and would appreciate comments.

N0HR

MobileLog, PocketPC logging for hams
http://n0hr.tripod.com