[Towertalk] Reflection Gain

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Reflection Gain
From: K3BU@aol.com (K3BU@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 22:51:34 EST
In a message dated 3/11/02 9:09:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jljarvis@abs.adelphia.net writes:

>  But at low angles, you do NOT get gain from a good ground plane.
>  All you get is reduced attenuation.  Result is the same...the
>  process is different.

So what you call it when I see increase in signal level when driving close to
the ocean (good ground plane)? Negative attenuation? :-)
What do you call increase in signals near ocean by 10 - 15 db? (same antenna,
same car) Reduced attenuation?

When you look at the patterns of verticals over lousy ground and ocean or
perfect ground, you see pattern being filled down to horizon. If one antenna
has more signal at particular angle than another, that is usually called gain.

So what about them verticals over sloping terrain?  Does anybody have any
experiences with  that situation?

Yuri, K3BU/mmmmm