[Towertalk] CABLE LUBRICANT SUBSTITUTES

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] CABLE LUBRICANT SUBSTITUTES
From: sk-8-er@clnk.com (Zac Smith)
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 12:08:33 -0600
yeah thats the stuff, firearms lubricant, its what we use, the main thing
you want to protect your cables is from rust, dirt doesnt really
substantially hurt the cables, silicone grease works but its viscosity is
too thin, you need somthin thatl stick and stay there, , rope core cables
are good too, but not for what we use them for, we lift over 1 ton on the
regular basis, so we use steel wire rope with steel core,

thats what we use anyways
Zac