[Towertalk] Fw: Four Square Array

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Fw: Four Square Array
From: dhearn@ix.netcom.com (dan hearn)
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 20:13:53 -0800
Mark: There are many 4 square antennas in use. I believe most are for
80m but they are also used on other bands. W7EL was a pioneer in
analyzing the array as well as similar driven arrays. I have a draft of
a book he wrote in 1982 on the subject and there were articals in Ham
Radio magazine in 1983 by others.I built my first 80m version using info
in the draft in 1982. I could go on about these antennas but my
suggestion is that you get a copy of ON4UN's Low Band DXing. It is full
of information on the design of these arrays including the W7EL LC phase
shifter as well as the Hybrid couplers for deriving the required 90 deg
phase shifted signal to drive 2 of the 4 towers.

GL, Dan, N5AR