[Towertalk] deed restrictions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] deed restrictions
From: wa2moe@firstinter.net (Stu Greene)
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 12:35:18 -0700
At 11:15 AM 3/18/02 -0800, Geo Clute W7LFD wrote:
>Joe,  I believe you've missed the point.  CC&R's being a contractual
>arrangement between buyer/seller is enforced by the tort laws of the
>U.S.  Now those tort laws make no distinctions between the Bill Of  Rights
>and the contract signed.

This is why this discussion should appear on the Ham Law Reflector.  CC&Rs
are interpreted and adjudicated under basic contract and real property law.

Torts are civil wrongs, such as libel and slander, assault and battery and
the like.  Violations of CC&Rs are not torts.  In essence they are breaches
of contracts.