[Towertalk] 1.7 db gain

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 1.7 db gain
From: k2av@contesting.com (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 20:02:49 -0500
In the noise 1.7 can make a signal copiable. It may not make much of a
difference in a given pileup. And a lot of people cannot discern even
a 3 db difference, HOWEVER...

Over the course of a contest, any number of marginal circumstances
will occur where the 1.7 will push you over the edge into copiability,
especially when you are talking about an antenna and the difference is
on RX as well.

1.7 db will add Q's in a contest.