[Towertalk] 40m directional antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 40m directional antennas
From: thompson@mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 21:10:56 -0500
Sounds like the K8UR array described by K3LR and others over the past few
years.  I use one K8UR dipole for 80 that seems to get the DX.  Down on most
local signals. Mine is mounted on a big tree but a tower can be used.   An
array of 4 would work well as noted.  But remember like the 4 square these
are arrays of 2 phased antennas.  The K8UR looks like a vertical when
modeled.
Dave K4JRB