[Towertalk] (no subject)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] (no subject)
From: k4bet@bellsouth.net (Paul McInnish - K4BET)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 21:18:14 -0500
Bob Cat scoop is 1/3 yard!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pete Smith" <n4zr@contesting.com>
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 5:28 PM
Subject: Re: [Towertalk] (no subject)

At 09:39 PM 3/25/02 -0500, EUGENE  SMAR wrote:
>...But be careful if you
>choose the buggie - you'll need fairly smooth terrain to drive on,
>otherwise, the jostling could upset the rig.  (IMHO.)  It'll also take you
>loooooong time, so check on how long the truck driver can stay on the job
>site before he has to charge for excess time.  FYI - it took over an hour
>place ten and a half yards of concrete, from two trucks, in my tower's
>foundation.  And that's with the trucks right against the hole!  The
buggies
>can place at most a half a yard or so at a time.

Another possible option would be a Bobcat -- I think the scoops on them
take about a yard at a time.  When I was doing this a few years ago, a lot
of people warned against the Georgia buggie because of its high center of
gravity and risks in using it on rough or sloping ground.  All in all, the
pumping routine sounds good for me, if you're talking 10 yards or so...
there's always room in the woods for a little concrete.

73, Pete N4ZR

Check out the World HF
Contest Station Database at
www.pvrc.org