[Towertalk] TR44 rotor slips. or Bearing replacement in a AR40

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] TR44 rotor slips. or Bearing replacement in a AR40
From: n9rla@yahoo.com (Dan Evans)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 22:56:15 -0500
>  the TR44 cannot be upgraded to a HamM simply by adding bearings.
> Mike / W8DN

Hi Folks,

I have a similar question.  I'm currently "re-conditioning" an old AR40
rotor [or rotator, if you prefer].  After a good cleaning, it seems to be
functional, but one of the clips on the bearing retainer is broken and will
need replaced.  Since I need to replace the clip and bearings anyway, is it
OK to use a bearing kit from a bigger rotor, such as a Ham IV?  Seems like
it should work, I think they are all in the same size case, etc...

I only intend to turn a few VHF/UHF yagi's, so I believe this rotor will be
plenty strong enough for the job.  No EME arrays here, hi hi.

73
Dan

Dan Evans N9RLA
Scottsburg, IN 47170
{EM78}
IN-Ham list administrator
QRP-l #1269
1/2 of the N9RLA /R no budget Rover Team
Check out the Rover Resource Page at:
http://www.qsl.net/n9rla